Mojo_jojo, Home Buyer in Kissimmee, FL

I'm a NJ military contractor planning to relocate to Ft Huachuca. Not sure what to do with house and whether to rent or buy and in what area-any

Asked by Mojo_jojo, Kissimmee, FL Tue Aug 16, 2011

sugg?

Answers

5
Hi Mojo_jojo, welcome to southern Arizona. My advise is always to rent first, at least for six months. By that time, you will know whether this job is going to be fairly permanent. Also, living in the area will give you a much better chance to gauge the local market. You will also be able to explore the areas around the Fort and be able to make a much more educated decision. Renting initially might cost you a little more in the beginning, but will save you big bucks in the end. As you explore the area, you might even decide to relocate to Bisbee. if so, I would be pleased to assist you.
Doris Turner, OK Realty, Inc. Bisbee, AZ Doris@okrealtyinc.com http://www.okrealtyinc.com
I can help you if you have not decided anything yet.
I am a realtor in Sierra Vista / Ft Huachuca covering Cochise county in Arizona.
Give me a call or drop a line!
TEL 520-732-8530
e-mail : youngpark@longrealty.com
Welcome to Arizona! If your looking for in town living consider Sierra Vista if you like a little space and country living try Hereford, Benson St. David or Tombstone. It may be a good idea to rent until you decide what area's you would like to live in.

Feel Free to contact me if you have questions.

Diane Kurzhals, Realtor
Sandra Watson Real Estate
520-720-9688
If you are not planning to move back to NJ you may want to consider selling your home rather than being a long distance absentee owner/ landlord. As a landlord you will still have to maintain the house , pay for unforseen repairs , & pay property taxes and insurance on it. However ,if you have very little equity in your present home and the market by you is soft you may want to consider renting. Hire a realtor to find and screen tenants for you. Make sure they can afford to pay their rent on time, have good credit and will be resonsible for minor repairs. Also make sure that you have someone here to check on the house once in a while since you won't be living here.
You first need to find out if you can sell your house at a net acceptable to you. If you can do so, you can put your house on the market, (remember if time is of the essence le lowest you can price it at with seller's concessions, the better off you'll be). If you do not need to move right away, you can wait until you close to do so. Then the question is will you stay at your new location for a while? I mean a few years. If so there is no harm looking into purchasing a home, the prices are low, the bargaining power for buyer is good, and the interest rate is great. If you want to contact me I'll glad to talk to you and answer more questions you might have. I can't personally help you by listing or selling you a home, but Keller Williams realty has over 80,000 real estate agents, operating in approximately 690 market centers (offices) across the USA and Canada. I can help you through my referral network. I hope my answer helped a little bit.