Rent vs Buy in Takoma Park>Question Details

devnull, Home Buyer in Takoma Park, MD

I'd like to camp on a lot in Montgomery County MD since prices are so high only wealthy people can possibly afford homes. Is this legal?

Asked by devnull, Takoma Park, MD Tue Jan 22, 2013

Answers

1
It depends on the zoning. It may be allowed by an owner occupant or their designee temporarily, but you could not run a campground unless you are in a certain type Rural type of zoning that allows it.. You can check out what is allowed by your zoning at this site:

http://www.montgomeryplanning.org

If you do not know your zoning code you should be able to search online or send me the lot address and I'll research it. There is a proposal to change zoning uses under review in Montgomery County to (among other things) help families find homes more affordable by allowing rentable separate units in single family zoning (which is currently not allowed), to allow extra income on the property for owners.