Rent vs Buy in Manchester>Question Details

Eugenia B Br…, Other/Just Looking in 30032

I am looking to relocate in May2010 or before to the Manchester, NH. I am retiree, 60yrs young. What are the?

Asked by Eugenia B Brown, 30032 Tue Apr 7, 2009

best areas for retiring?

Answers

5
Good Afternoon Eugenia,

I was reviewing some of the past questions and noticed yours really had not been answered to what you had asked. Manchester is a great city and is made up of quite a few wonderful area's that you may be interested in. Most often retirees coming into our area are looking for homes that do not require extensive maintenace to having everything done for them. There are a couple of great over 55 communities as well as some great condominium communities that may suit your needs. There are detached units where you are in a stand alone house, but all teh exterior maintenance is taken care of for you. There are townhouse units whoch have an up and down and some with first floor bedrooms and then there are garden style units where you have a common hallway but all libving space on the same floor. The finer buildings have elevators and some with garage under. Depending on what your need or wants are and what price range you are looking in, i can send you some sheets now so you can check out the communities. You wont be able to narrow down any specific units now as you will want to wait until Feb 2010 to get specific listings as what is for sale now, may not be available then. Please feel free to contact me with any questions and i look forward to assisting you. Looking at diiferent communities now will help you when it comes time to look at units. i can send you pictures and descriptions of each based on what you want. Thank you for your question.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Notice that the agents who answered don't care that you said you wanted to move to Manchester and are trying to push you toward more expensive areas! We live on the West Side of Manchester in a lovely neighborhood of mixed single-family and mostly owner occupied two family houses. The area is close to shopping, small restaurants, churches, the Catholic Medical Center, and major highways. Our house, which we hope to have sold before you plan to move, has 4/5 bedrooms, 2 baths, a full basement, deck, and small easy to maintain yard. We also have a low, fixed-rate assumable mortgage that means very low closing costs. If you are interested please contact me and I will answer any questions you might have.
Your best bets for retirement communities are: Hampton Meadows, Hampton, Sterling Hill, Exeter, The Vineyards, Exeter, Leddy Field, Epping, and The Hills at Crockett Farm, Stratham. All these properties are very convenient to shopping, highways, services, 3 airports, beaches and a little over an hour to the lakes or mountains--Call me, I would be happy to show you. Diane Darling, 603-674-4774
Hi, I have a wonderful new active adult community in Dover, NH. Dover is minutes from Portsmouth yet has a hometown feeling with a beautiful downtown and good restaurants. People are very friendly. The new neighborhood is called Sawyer Green and our website is http://www.sawyergreen.com. Great floor plans, all the extras included and prices starting at $339,900. Oh and it is a green community with GEO Thermal Heating and Cooling.
Web Reference: http://www.sawyergreen.com
Copied from the website http://www.americasbestonline.net/retire.html. I also here that Nashua is a good town to retire I hope this helps! :)

2. Portsmouth, NH -
Portsmouth has a population of 23,000, This town sits near the mouth of the Piscataqua River, a short, wide river that divides New Hampshire and Maine. The city also is at the hub of a metropolitan region that includes several small cities and many towns. The city has stylish restaurants and a buzzing night life.Portsmouth has a repertory theater, concerts at the Music Hall, more than 100 eateries and continuing education classes at the University of New Hampshire.