Rent vs Buy in Brooklyn>Question Details

Needtomoveno…, Renter in Brooklyn, NY

I am interested in a rent-to-own apartment/condominium in brooklyn, NY where can I find a listing of this option?

Asked by Needtomovenow!, Brooklyn, NY Mon Jan 30, 2012

Answers

2
Rent to own situations are rare in this area as most sellers would rather sell outright, therefore do consider working with an agent of your own, he/she can best guide you, approach sellers on your behalf, provide any necessary information, etc. Keep in mind that rent to own can be risky, and one could stand to lose a bit of money, therefore do inform yourself well beforehand, and do consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate. If you haven't done so yet, consider visiting with any licensed loan officer, see if you can simply buy outright.
Your ability to secure such a Property may depend upon the amount of a down payment you are able to provide to the Seller. The larger your down payment the greater your ability will be to find what you are looking for.

If you down payment is small, you may end up having to find something on your own through Craig's List or another source. If you have a formal ize down payment you can probably conduct your searches in conjunction with a local professional who can work with you for that larger pool of options.

I would recommend you contact a local Real Estate Professional to determine what you should expect based upon your available down payment.