Rent vs Buy in 76108>Question Details

dcool26424, Home Buyer in Azle, TX

Are there any rent to own or lease purchase homes in the Chapel Creek - White Settlement area?

Asked by dcool26424, Azle, TX Sun Feb 17, 2013

I will be ready to purchase by early fall and could go up as high as 120k. I would just like to get settled instead of just throwing my money away with rent. hanks

Answers

2
What is it you are trying to do? If you want to buy a house, then you need to get your credit score up high enough to qualify for a loan. Do you know what your credit score is? Contact me and I'll show you how to get your score and how to raise it up. (No charge for my consultation.)

If you want to lease a house, then you need to find a landlord who will rent to you with the credit score that you have. Most people who rent a house would never want to buy it later, because they will find out everything wrong with it while they are renting it, and discover that the landlord won't fix anything.

But be VERY CAREFUL if someone offers to take a deposit from you and says you can "rent-to-own" so that it will someday be your house. Usually they get your money and you get the shaft. Such a contract is so complicated and fraught with pitfalls, that the Texas Real Estate Commission will not allow a Real Estate Agent to even write one. You would have to hire an attorney, and most of them are smart enough not to touch it with a ten-foot pole. There are so many loopholes, and ways that people could sue you in court over it, and WIN! ~You don't really want to go that route.

What's the point? If you will do the things you need to be doing, then you can buy the house you want when you get through renting the one you are living in. That's much safer, and your money is then wisely invested. If it is cash you are worried about, I can show you how to buy a house for the same amount of money that it takes to lease a house. And the monthly payment will be less!

So, contact me by phone or email, and I will answer all of your questions, and help you find the right house!

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services

817-300-6121

RickDeVoss@Realtor.com
====================
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 17, 2013
Rick's answer is spot on. Rent to own almost never works out in the tenants best interest. If you are able to buy then you should speak to an agent who can set you up with a solid lender. They will walk you through the pre-qualification process.

If you need to lease while your credit improves there are a lot of wonderful properties that you can look at. Keep in mind, while Rick states credit is an issue with renting as well, proof of income and a solid rental history are far more important.

If you have any questions I would be happy to walk you through your options. And don't ever pay an agent for their time. Commissions are built in to contracts that are paid on the sellers side 99 percent of the time. Don't get tricked and don't ever work with an agent that you don't feel has your best interest in mind.

Stephen Riella
Keller Williams
817-760-9320
steveriella@kw.com