Remodel & Renovate in 60647>Question Details

Akakate, Other/Just Looking in 60647

rebuild a garage and add a second floor?

Asked by Akakate, 60647 Tue May 4, 2010

Answers

8
It Depends !!!!

1. If It's your primary residence you want to be comfortable , you need more space , need a brand new garage and have the money ......you should do it!

2. if you are looking to remodel a property (flip ) and don't know what to do .........you need to do the numbers first and than talk to a good Realtor who can have a CMA and some suggestions!

In the end...we need more info so we can answer properly your question!
This is an old post but it seems to keep showing up so I'll throw this out there...

If someone is looking to do a job like this and they don't have the cash, there are renovation loans out there that can help you do a project like this without needing all the equity in your home "now" to do it (especially important now after equity many homeowners used to have has evaporated partially or in some cases completely).

Hopefully other readers of this post learned something other than this person didn't give us additional details and the question is three years old as of when I type this. :)
Web Reference: http://RobWeber.com
I wish Trulia would automatically delete the questions after 6 months, so they do not keep popping up.
Give us more details ...what is the area ?
Depends, do you need the extra space to suit your wants, needs and lifestyle-- a decision only you can make.
If you are in 60647 then adding a 2nd floor may or may not make $$$ sense. You do not want to be the most expensive house in the neighborhood because other house values will tend to limit the value on your house. You also should plan to stay in the house at least 10+ years to reclaim all of the cost. Most remodel projects tend NOT to return 100% of value, but the timing is important.
There are other factors involved, but you have not given me much information.

philip
Call Christine at 312-666-2323 to set up a time when we can meet to give you a no oblgation estimate for the work..
Give me some more details on what you are asking and I will give you an answer.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696