Remodel & Renovate in 22101>Question Details

Marc M., Home Buyer in 22101

looking for contact of whole house dehumidifier installer

Asked by Marc M., 22101 Fri May 27, 2011

Would you know someone that would install a whole house dehumidifier? I contacted 2 HVAC installer and either they are over charging or don't want to come if they are not changing the whole AC system.

Answers

6
i suggest you contact other HAVC companies to determine a solution to your problem. We use KRAFFT and have for 18 years. My neighbors use ARC. Humidity in a home can come from a series of issues and while I can sell real estate, am not qualified to provide you HVAC solutions. That takes a qualified, liscensed and insured vendor.

Ray
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 28, 2011
As a follow-up you might consider investigating the problem. Is your home on a crawl space, is the mositure entering through a basement wall, or is your HVAC system not properly sized for your home. I have seen many small homes with a HVAC system that cools too quickly thus not allowing the air to be properly conditioned.
Try M.R. Stride, 445 Nelson St., in Vienna. They are top-rated by Consumers' Checkbook for both quality of work and value for money. Their number is: 703-893-5161.

That being said, I'm going to make a no-cost suggestion. If you are running your fan all the time, put the fan on automatic ( on only when the AC is working ) during the day. This allows the condenser coil to do its job (dehumidify) much more effectively. I did this in my own home and saw dramatic change in humidity-much lower and more comfortable. If you try this, please E-mail me and let me know if this works for you, too. Thanks!

I am still running the fan all the time from 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM to move the cold air to the upper ( bedroom ) level.
I would suggest Argent Heating and Cooling in Vienna. They have decent prices and do a great job.

Ron Gallant - ron@argent-llc.com (703-281-6300)
http://www.argenthvac.com/
I've been happy with Adco. I installed a Carrier Infinity Series with a de-humidification function.
They do great work. George Rennolds 703-368-8106.
Web Reference: http://www.adcohvac.com/
Hey Marc!

Let me make some calls for you, and then I'll give you a call with some recommendations for you.

Martin