Jeanrosenf, Home Seller in Mount Washington, Los...

is it better to repair some water damaged siding, then repaint. or reside the entire house. is wood composite siding respected?

Asked by Jeanrosenf, Mount Washington, Los Angeles, CA Tue Jun 8, 2010

Answers

4
Ron Thomas’ answer
need more information:
are you doing it your self?
Is the water damage just on the lower couple board?
Is it wood?

If the answers are all YES; take off a piece of the siding and take it in to H.D. or Lowes and have them match it up. Most Siding is pretty cheap. Us the right screws or nails and you can probably get by cheaply.

If the answers are NO, we never met and you don't know me.

good luck.
I would definitely get it reared. Your siding is the first thing people will see when they look at your house. You want to make a good first impression! I think you will definitely be able to make back the money you spend on the siding. http://www.crsidaho.com/Water-Restoration/
Three years old!
They've probably finished the job.
The easy answer is to reside the entire house. Then you know there would be no questions arising, cost not being an issue. Talk to a local builder about the wood composite. We don't use that out here so can't comment.