Remodel & Renovate in 75758>Question Details

Roy, Home Owner in 75758

i would like to buy hud homes and remodle and rent to section 8 customers, i would like to help them out since there is such a high demand in thisarea

Asked by Roy, 75758 Sun Apr 10, 2011

Answers

3
Roy,

You can do that with any type of home. HUD homes are typically only available for bid by home owners for a certain period of time. After that though investors can bid and buy the homes as well if no O/O have made any bids on the home.

You should find a reputable Realtor in your area and discuss your plans. They can look for homes for you that meet your criteria. HUD homes are not necessarily a good value. They are often times overpriced and HUD has to reduce the asking price. Sometimes they are priced correctly and they sell quickly. Just like any other property in the MLS. Price it right and it will sell. You always need to do your homework especially when buying a HUD home as they are not always great deals. Make sure you know the market or are working with somebody who does.

Good luck to you.

Don Groff
REALTOR | Mortgage Broker | Consultant
Buy - Sell - Lease - Invest
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o.512.669.5599 m.512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com
Roy what an awesome experience this would be for you, I would really enjoy helping you with this project. I have a mortgage person if you do not have one to get you prequalified, because we will need this to make any offers on HUD properties. Just let me know what area you would like to begin in and I will start looking for properties. My email address is judybrooks2002@yahoo.com please send me an email with all of your pertinent information.

Have a blessed day.
Roy you are on the wrong site. Hud has a process which offers HUD properties primarily to owner occupants then to investors if they cannot locate an owner occupant buyer. If you go to the site HUd .gov you might be able to find programs that allow investors and investor related programs to buy hud homes. Almost no investor on Trulia would waste anytime helping you to buy a HUD home to fix up.