Remodel & Renovate in 75094>Question Details

Brian, Other/Just Looking in Murphy, TX

i want to get these foreclosed homes market ready. how do i get on a list of preffered contractors?

Asked by Brian, Murphy, TX Wed Dec 10, 2008

I have 16 years exp. and would like to help get the real estate market going again by giving them a surplus of beautiful pre owned homes

Answers

2
Brian, initially when I read your question and first response, I thought you might be an investor; however, after having reread your question, I suspect you're actually contractor. Assuming the latter is true (ie you're a contractor), there are several things you can do to get your name out there.

If you're not used to working with investors, then you need to address this immediately, because I believe investors will be the first ones to target the foreclosures en masse. Most investors I know will find out about you via several sources: 1) other investors, 2) realtors, 3) craigslist, 4) your website (get one if you don't already have one), 5) your state's (TX's) list of registered contractors, 6) various professional organizations, 7) BBB, and 8) your local Chamber of Commerce. If you're unlicensed and/or not bonded, then you'll need to do both, before most investors I know will work with you. Do you work on commercial and/or residential properties? Also, be prepared to show a portfolio (ie pictures) of your work, and be prepared to provide references.
I am a contractor in Indiana who has rehabed over 100 homes for investers in the past.I can help answer any questions you might have.Like were best to put your money,were to get materials at a discount,ect.You can get in contact through my website.
Brian-Lindsey Remodeling & Home Improvements