Remodel & Renovate in 10016>Question Details

Laurent, Home Buyer in 10016

i am looking for an appartment to be renovated in Manhattan..how do i find ?

Asked by Laurent, 10016 Sun Aug 23, 2009

any website? list?

Answers

4
Richard V Hamilton’s answer
One suggestion, besides the obvious of searching ads that say fixer-upper or wreck. Seek Estate Sales which are often not in the best condition or up to date, check photos, but you best bet is to find an agent who can search the system for listings that are in Fair (Meaning Bad) or Poor (Meaning Oh My God Did anyone actually live here!) There aren't as many prewar wrecks as there used to be, lately it is the very dated 60s apartments that could be greatly improved. Look for ads that do not mention condition at all, it is usually a hint!
Hi Laurent,

Funny you asked, I'm currently working with a client who is looking for a fixer upper and have a number of listings I have sent them. Please let me know if you would be interested in discussing this further.

Kind Regards,
~Alen
Are you looking to purchase a renovated apartment, or are you looking to renovate an apartment? Either way you'll need a broker to do the leg work, pre-preview the units for you so you're not wasting your time looking at apartments that arent' a fit. Feel free to contact me, keep the faith!!!!!
Hi Laurent,

What kind of renovations do you plan on doing? There are quite a few designer showrooms in the A & D building at 150 East 58th street that supply kitchen and bathroom fixtures and cabinets as well as suppliers of stone & tiles for flooring etc.

Sincerely
Anoop Punjabi
Halstead Property LLC
Email: apunjabi@halstead.com
Tel: (212) 317-7844