Al, Home Owner in Oakland, Topeka, KS

how do i find out where my property line is between my house and the nieghbors house?

Asked by Al, Oakland, Topeka, KS Thu Apr 28, 2011

Answers

3
The number one way is to have a survey done. You could try and find the pins in the ground yourself off of the measurements from the tax record overlay map. Sometimes there are GPS coordinates you can follow as well to find the true corners.
Al,
Overlay maps on real estate sites can give you a rough idea, but not a reliable one. A survey can be done before you build a fence or make a change or after you've done so when your neighbor contests what you've done. You'll keep better relations with your neighbor if you do it first and probably save money and grief in the long run too.
Al,

The only way to determine exactly where your property lines are is by having your property surveyed. This could cost you between $300 & $400 but will result in the clarity you are seeking.