Remodel & Renovate in 95608>Question Details

linorce, Home Owner in Sacramento County, CA

do you need a building permit to turn you exsiting patio into a mud room/sunroom? I live in sacramento county, CA

Asked by linorce, Sacramento County, CA Fri Nov 9, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


I'm reasonably sure that you would need a permit, and it is always better to do it that way in terms of resale value.

Best Regards,

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
DRE# 01384425
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2012
Call the city and ask for the zoning or building office and ask them. I would think a permit would be required if you are putting up walls and especially if you will be wiring the room for electricity. Still, the town building or zoning officer will know for sure.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2012
Thank you for the answer. I also have a patio that I am going to convert into a sunroom. My family wants to enjoy the space in any season. We wouldn't want to get in trouble with the city, though, so I am going to call the zoning office.
Flag Fri Aug 15, 2014
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer