Shazanne, Home Owner in Ireland, IN

can you help with renovating and old 18 century house set in 340 acres?

Asked by Shazanne, Ireland, IN Tue Mar 6, 2012

Answers

2
Not sure if Trulia is the right place to post this question. You may want to consider looking around for reccomendations for accomplished contractors where the home is located. I've been involved in several old home renovations and each is unique and presents it's own set of challenges. The first step is to find an excellent contractor, who comes reccomended and whose work you can see examples of and show them the house and have them evaluate it it's condition. Depending on what you wish to do you may also need a designer or architect to help prepare plans. Be certain that everyone you work with is licensed, insured and that all the work done is properly permittted so that if at some point in the future you decide to sell, there will be no questions or problems.

I hope you're excited at the prospect of this venture, restoring old homes can be a lot of fun and very rewarding but can also take more time than you might think and cost more than you may imagine if you want it done right.

Best of luck to you.
Right up my alley, both are what I do. However all I can do is advise, given the distance. roland@thebardrocks.com