Remodel & Renovate in 01864>Question Details

Bob34, Home Owner in 01864

can i install new septic tank system?

Asked by Bob34, 01864 Thu Jul 28, 2011

had a home fire (100% loss) and i want to build on different area of my property. I had old tank system, can i put same type of septic sytem with new house

Answers

5
You need to talk to the Board of Health in your town.
Web Reference: http://www.mdmrealtyinc.com
These are questions you need to take to the zoning department of the county you are in.
I'm so sorry to hear about the fire. I hope no one got hurt.

I can't think of any reason why you couldn't put a new septic tank in. You will need to check in with your local Board of Health regarding any restrictions that might be factored in now as regulations in this area frequently change.

Best of luck to you.
Call the local Health Department and find out what the regulations are. They have to approve any system you put in. There are codes, such as set backs that have to be obeyed and if you have any wetlands on your property, they would have to come out and mark them. So the answer is maybe! If there is room on your property to put it wherever you want , then you are all set. Just follow the guidelines. Good Luck!
Not familiar with local codes; but I can't imagine why you couldn't.
But I also can't imagine why you'd want to:
Just like Tankless water heaters; the technology has come a long way in 20-30 years; there must be better way to do it now.
I envy you being able to statr from the ground up.

Good luck and may God bless