Remodel & Renovate in 44313>Question Details

Anthony C He…, Home Owner in Akron, OH

Will removing a bathroom reduce the value of my home?

Asked by Anthony C Hetzel, Akron, OH Tue Feb 12, 2013

I currently have 3.5 baths. The full baths consist of a jacuzzi/walk in shower, tub/shower combo, and a small walk in shower for number 3.

The tub/shower and small walk in shower baths are back to back. I'm thinking about knocking out the wall and having a full walk in shower, a free standing tub, and hopefully more walk in / counter space overall.

Would this add value to my home, reduce value, or be a toss up? I also have 4 bedrooms if that is a factor.

Answers

2
You would want to look at the size of the house, where the change of bath arrangement occur....i.e. master suite or guest bath. Also the area you live and what the standard expectation would be from a future home owner.
People like bedrooms and bathrooms so be cautious about removing one. If your thinking about selling your home in the next 6 months I would be happy to take a walk through and give you a fair and direct opinion. .
Ken Woods Realtor 330-467-7000