Remodel & Renovate in Bronx>Question Details

Samsam, Home Seller in Bronx, NY

Why would we want a tank-less water heater?

Asked by Samsam, Bronx, NY Mon Apr 8, 2013

Answers

5
The tankless water heaters are much more energy efficient than a hot water storage tank because the tankless only heats the water on demand. The storage tank has to fill up 30-50 gallons of water heat it and store it at that temperature when your not using the hot water.

Review Rinnai or Navien web sites for more information.

These must be installed by a liscensed plumber and someone who has the expieranced technicians to perform yearly maintance.

Joseph Cosentino
Morris Park Realty
Web Reference: http://JCosentino.com
Here is the best answer that I know of. The tankless water heaters have a heating coil. That coil is ran by electricity. If you are a land lord your tenants will be paying for the own hot water. Also it is cheaper and you will not run out of hot water. A more common term is called hot water on demand. It is used a lot in the carribean islands. Any place tropical.
SAMSAM, a good person to ask would be a licensed plumber but I found some information here that may be able to answer a few questions for you.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/appliances/heating-coolin…
Samsam,

I don't know why you would want one, but one came with my house. I have spoken with HVAC people and plumbers over and over and so far, no one has given me a reason to go to a separate water heater. This system works just fine.
Why not simply ask your utility company the question, or any such other expert...