gardmom8, Home Buyer in Denver, CO

What would the average price per square foot to build a new construction home in Southern Missouri? We already own the land. Thanks Sally .

Asked by gardmom8, Denver, CO Sat Jan 26, 2013

Answers

2
I think that Dale's response is accurate. There are so many things to consider when calculating the cost of building a new home. I have owned a construction supply company for quite some time. I have seen homes built from $70 per sqaure foot up to $200 per square foot and beyond.

I would say an average stick framed home built to normal standards can be estimated at around $100 per square foot. If you start adding expensive finishes, this cost will do nothing but rise but this is a good starting point.
There are toomany variables to answe that here - are the infrastructures (utiities, sewer, etc) already inplace? If not how far will those need to be run to reach the house? What style of home - ranch,2 story, atrium or? How big - will zoned hvac be needed? What energy features do you want? What quality level do you expect the home to be at when finished? And much more. Think about what you want then go talk to a local realtor who sells new construction and can help guide you on things you may not think about iff the top of your head. Your realtor will know good local custom builders who will be able to help you finalize your plans and build the home