Tony, Home Owner in Seattle, WA

What would it cost to build a 25' x 25' two story box like addition with 3 bdrms and 2 bathrms. Just the basics, flooring, painting to be

Asked by Tony, Seattle, WA Mon Feb 27, 2012

done later.

Answers

5
Jirius Isaac’s answer
I agree that it will cost about $100k or so & that you should get 3 bids at least. But, before you can do that, you will have to hire an archetect to draw up the plans so they can bid it out. It would probably make more sense to just move to a bigger house. Let me know if you need any referrals or help.
thanks for information. - Tony
If you are talking low end finishes as basics, you are probably looking at a minimum of $100 per square foot of living space. So you are at $125,000 for 1,250 square feet of living space.
We had 3 bids when we added 800 square feet of living space (family room, 3/4 bathroom, bedroom & kitchenette) and a 600 square foot attached garage. The high end of the bids was at $137,000 and the low end of the bids was just over $95,000.
I'd suggest you get 3 bids from 3 licensed and insured general contractors to get a more concrete idea how much it would cost. All reputable contractors will give you a FREE estimate.
Best of luck
Based on your criteria;
It will cost between $150 and $450 per squre foot.

Surely you realize that "flooring" could mean Linoleum and it could mean Reclaimed Solid Cyprus.

You need to contact several contractors and get estimates:
This is a Real Estate site, by and for Realtors and their clients; I don't expect too many General Contractors to see your question.

Good luck and may God bless
The total square footage is 1250 square feet. The design, permitting and construction costs are pretty consistent. You would be lucky to get it built for 100k.