Remodel & Renovate in 02893>Question Details

GG, Home Buyer in Johnston, RI

What would I expect to pay for an addition to a ranch home in West Warwick RI? Its a single level 3 bed 1 bath home.

Asked by GG, Johnston, RI Fri Jul 23, 2010

We just purchased a one level ranch in West Warwick RI. We are interested in adding a dining room and extra bedroom to the back of the house, above grade, no basement addition. What could I expect to pay? Please be as detailed as possible. Thank you.

Answers

2
Wow that's a great question, seek out contractors to come to your house and explain to them how big of a addition you want and what kind of materials. We can't give you a price we are not builders but if you need some good contractors there are plenty out there looking for work in RI. If you wanted a list of folks I could provide a list for you.

Frank D
That is a fairly tough question to answer without any specifics as to the size of the rooms you're planning to add, the type of flooring you want, any special windows or skylights, as well as if exterior walls would need to be removed, any landscaping removed where you want to add the rooms, etc.

I would talk to and interview 2 or 3 local builders or contractors to give you estimates as to what you would like to do and then check their references and go from there. They would probably want a plan drawn up of the room additions to be able to give you estimates of the cost to put them on the home.

Good luck with your room addition.

Angela Dolber
Prudential Prime Properties
508-826-8553
angela@pruprimehomes.com