Remodel & Renovate in 90046>Question Details

Brianwils, Home Buyer in 90046

What's the typical cost for extending the 2nd floor of an existing 2-storey house into a master bed and bath in the Hollywood Hills?

Asked by Brianwils, 90046 Mon Aug 2, 2010

Answers

3
Hi Brian,
Just checking in to see how this project is going. I have a home listing in the area, which it sounds like we did a very similar thing on. If you need any assistance still, or an experienced contractor for the job and a competitive bid, feel free to contact me.

Richard Schulman
Keller WIlliams Realty
(310) 482-0173
schulmanrd@yahoo.com
Hi Brianwils,
Not many of us are contractors, but when I was working on my home the cost to add a second story was twice what it cost to add on on the first floor. I would advise that you call a contractor for an accurate price for this type of work. By the way, most homes require foundation work in order to support a second floor.
Hi Brianwils,

Every project is unique and will require different permits, materials, and labor costs. I would get some free estimates from licensed contractors.

good luck

Chris Blasic
Realty World & Associates