Trulia Houst…, Other/Just Looking in Houston, TX

What modifications can be made to a house to radically reduce water consumption?

Asked by Trulia Houston, Houston, TX Tue Nov 27, 2012

Answers

5
If you are in an older home consider changing to low flow toilets. The older toilets used to use five gallons of water per flush. Low flow faucets including the shower. Make certain you have native landscaping that requires less water than plants from other areas. Are you using drip irrigation for some of your plants. Consider puting a rain barrel under your gutter down spout to catch runoff rain water. Look at your diswasher and washing machine for water savings. These are some ideas I can quickly think of. Good luck with going greener!
Try googling it. You will get a lot of ideas.
After you've figured out where you're using the most hot water, you can relocate the water heater to minimize the amount of time you need to run water at the tap . . .
Hahaha, Margaet...makes me laugh.
-
Who is asking?
Are you compiling a "This Old House" type of publication from our responses?
Are you a citizen whose question has been hijacked by Trulia?
-
I have great recommendations to add to Jeff's great suggestion but I find it helpful to know to whom I am responding.
Remove all female occupants. LOL. I'm sorry I couldn't resist.