Voices Member,  in

What is the present from a single house cost I can invest in kitchen remodeling?

Asked by Voices Member, Thu Oct 6, 2011

The investment in kitchen remodeling in La Jolla San Diego aria.

Answers

5
John DL Arendsen’s answer
You can take all the guess work out of it by contacting:

http://www.intimatelivinginteriors.com/projects/feeleyreside… Kari Arendsen. She's one of the top high end interior designers in California and is located in the Cedros Design center in Solona Beach. She's done many projects all thoughout the highend neighborhoods of San Deigo and has an un blemished reputation. Kari is just finishing a major remodel in La Jolla and would be more than happy to preview it for you.

You may also want to contact: http://www.chadofalltrades.com: Chad Arendsen is equally recognized as a highend general contractor and has works on kari's projects regularly. They are a great brother and sister team and both live and work in Solona Beach and cover all the high end neighborhoods.

Lastly, if you have not purchased a home yet please feel free to contact us at: 760 815-6977 or check out our very user friendly website below. We would love to help you locate your La Jolla home if you have not yet selected one or are not already committed to another broker/agent. Good luck and enjoy your La Jolla home.
Hi there,

First you'll need to figure out how much your home will be worth after the remodel. Then subtract the current value of your home now. You don't want to spend over this number. In fact, stay as low as possible, while at the same time trying to get the most bang for your buck. Think pre-fab granite and imported pre-assembled cabinets with a glazed or other high end finish. You can really do a lot with kitchens now without spending an arm and a leg. You can have an arm-and-leg kitchen if you really want it, but be sure your home's value can support it.

The fastest way to find values is to look online at homes that have recently sold. Look for homes in your present condition that sold, and homes in the after remodel condition that sold. The best way is to have an agent stop by, so a Comparative Market Analysis can be prepared for you.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cory La Scala
Independence Realty
Hi there,

First, the percentage recouped on of your dollars spent is dependent on the overall value of your home and the comps for similar remodeled homes. With that said, Tiffany has the percentages correct, about 80% of the dollars you spend can be added to value of your home...in a more stable market.

Today, it is better to tour some homes with your agent that are like yours that have had the kitchen remodeled. Also, Let;s say that your home is worth $700,000 now. It is hard to tell what you would get back on a $100,000+ remodel without doing the homework and comparative analysis upfront.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best of luck,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
Serving Greater San Diego
If I understand your question correctly the return on investment for a kitchen remodel is somewhere around 80.3% cost recouped for a Major Kitchen Remodel costing around $65,131 whose resale value would be $52,296, for a minor kitchen remodel costing $23,411 the resale value would be $18,439 which would be 78.8% cost recouped. If you were to be doing an upscale remodel costing $122,337 the resale value would be $78,397 and the cost recouped would be 64.1%.
Best of luck with your remodel and if you are in need of referrals for the kitchen remodeling industry please do not hesitate to contact me. I have a vast database of licensed, reputable contractors.
If I can answer any questions relating to your home’s value I would be happy to do so.
Tiffany Trost
Ascent Real Estate
619.504.8264
Over 13 years Real Estate Experience.
I am not sure what your question is... do you want to know how much you should invest in doing a kitchen remodel?