Remodel & Renovate in 28210>Question Details

Mabs, Other/Just Looking in 28210

What is the average cost/sq ft to add a laundry room to an existing home in Charlotte, NC?

Asked by Mabs, 28210 Thu Aug 19, 2010

The existing one needs to be torn down (poorly built addition by a previous owner) and a new one (larger, better) built in its place.

Answers

2
Robin Faison’s answer
Mabs,
You have the cost of demolition as well as the build. You can call Kola Construction- google it. Or call Centaur Construction at 704-622-2126. Or call Jim Potter at 704-455-6572. Tell them that Robin Faison recommended their services. Your cost is dependent on building materials used, foundation of the house, labor charge, etc. Would guess at least $80sq/ft- but after 3 quotes, you should have a general idea. Allison Pell is a good architect if you need one, 704-607-0454.

Robin Faison, Broker
robin.faison@gmail.com
I think there are way too many variables to truly give you any kind of meaningful number. But, if you like I would be happy to email you the names of some great general contractors that could give you some free quotes.

Matthew Tringali