Amy, Home Buyer in Sag Harbor, NY

What are the historic preservation restrictions in the village of Sag Harbor - is the village historically designated? Small renovations okay?

Asked by Amy, Sag Harbor, NY Sat Oct 24, 2009

Answers

1
Hello Amy,
The restrictions in the village of Sag Harbor are conflicting and it is not an easy process. I have completed several restorations in the village I have stood in fornt of the board to be told what to do done that and had them decide it was not what they wanted and was made to change it. I know the inspector very well and even he is confused by some of the board demands. In gereral interior renovations are easy to get by.But and disturbance of the exterior could be costly. simple move or installation of a window could stir the board pot. I have completed jobs in the village and it may sound worse than it is but compared to other areas it is not easy water to tread.
If you would like to speak with me I could be reached at (516) 383-0700 or Nunzio.Zappola@elliman.com
Nunzio Zappola
Licensed contractor as well as Realtor
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 24, 2009