R_nof43, Other/Just Looking in Massillon, OH

We live in the Canton/Massillon, Ohio area and we would really like to finish our basement, but need a way to finance it.

Asked by R_nof43, Massillon, OH Thu Jan 14, 2010

We have only owned the home for 15 months and have actually just refinanced to a lower fixed interest rate, so there is no equity in our mortgage. I've been trying to find information about other possible funding sources and stumbled across the FHA Title I Loan Program. The HUD/FHA site has very vague info and is not very helpful.

Does anyone have any experience dealing with this loan category or have any requirement and qualification specifics on this program? Or a recommended contact person that can answer some of my questions?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Answers

1
Hello R_nof43 - Have you checked with the Massillon Federal Credit Union? They are actively advertising on WHBC radio for Home Equity Line Of Credit loans. I was a member there when I worked at the local steel mill, and I always valued their institution.

If you will send a private email to me, I can recommend a very competent mortgage loan originator that should be able to answer your specific technicality questions about the FHA Title I Loan Program you mentioned.

Jim Dvorovy, Realtor
Cutler Real Estate
Cell 330-685-4615
Email: JDvorovy@CutlerHomes.com