Remodel & Renovate in 37912>Question Details

Ashley Merri…, Both Buyer and Seller in Knoxville, TN

Updating the bathroom?! New Condo...TRYING TO SELL.

Asked by Ashley Merritt, Knoxville, TN Thu Nov 20, 2008

I live in a 2 year old condo. The whole place looks brand new...barely lived in.
Our bathrooms have large vanities with large, practically wall size mirrors. Should we remove the vanities and mirrors and put in a pedestal sink and nice framed mirror or leave as is, since it's still nice and new?
We're really trying to get top dollar in this not so great market. Our zip is 37912 in Knoxville, TN.
We will only do this if we can get a pretty good deal on a sink and mirror.

Answers

5
lt really depends on the storage space in the bathroom. You might be able to have a glass company cut the mirrors into ovals and install some wall sconces, but if the vanity is the only storage in the bathroom, I would leave it. I would say if I were going to do anything, make sure the curb appeal is there and the kitchen is remarkable.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 20, 2008
Hi Ashley,

It really depends on what your competition is offering. A consultation with an Accredited Home Stager can economically provide you with recommendations that will be suitable for your market, as well as provide you with options for economical purchases. The consultations typically run between $200-$350. If you replace the vanity and mirror but neglect to emphasize the rest of your condo's terrific attributes, you may lose out on the opportunity for a fast sale without a price reduction.

I'd be happy to refer to someone in your area, or you can search for an ASP at http://www.Stagedhomes.com.

Best of luck!
Leigh Newport
Staged by Design
Hello Ashley,
Its always a good Idea to update your Condo before you sell. Since Condos are selling Quite well in The Knoxville Area, and out of State Buyers are always in the market , upgrading now is a good Idea. However, It sounds like your Bathroom Vanities Sinks and Mirrors are in new condition. Could the cash be spent more effectively elswhere in your Home. Are the bathroom floors Ceramic tile or Vinyl? Can any upgrades be done in the Kitchen? Fresh paint and upgraded trim for a Clean, New, Look is generally a low cost expense that will help your home become a Top Condender. If you would like a complimentary Market Analysis Please give me a call. Thanks and Good Luck!
Web Reference: http://andrewpacillo.com
If it is 2 years old then you probably should not have to do an update unless it has gold tone fixtures ,then just switch those out , I live in the 37912 zip off Pleasant Ridge let me know if I can be of help .
Web Reference: http://margaretrodgers.com
Ashley,
You should have a CMA (Comparative Market Analysis) done by a Realtor. A real estate professional should be able to tell you based on the comps of the area, which include the recent selling price and the what is currently on the market. This will help determine if improvements are necessary and if you will be able to get what you want out of your home based on what has sold recently. Invite several Realtors to do a CMA, that way you see what they have to offer to get your home sold the fastest.
I would love to do a CMA for you.
Let me know if I can help!
Shannan Brennan
865-300-3669
Gables & Gates, REALTORS