Tiana, Both Buyer and Seller in Bayview, San Francisco...

Seeking Real Estate Analyst for Bayview/Hunters Point area I have a family friend who would like to turn their basement into an income property.

Asked by Tiana, Bayview, San Francisco, CA Tue Sep 14, 2010

She would like to reach out to a real estate agent that knows bayview and can answer the following:
what's the current value of her home?
how much will a renovation increase the value her home?
how much could she sell her home for if she makes upgrades?
If you know any real estate agents familiar with this area, please let me now.
thank you! Tiana 415.948.7976 cell tianadrobinson@gmail.com

Answers

1
I have listed and sold several properties in and around the Bayview and Visitation Valley and there is much to be said about improving a house for selling purposes. However, please be mindful of one thing with the current state of affairs in the market, a buyer will be willing to pay for a house what they see as a competitive price, and whether it is improved or not will affect that perception. An improved house, if it is done right and to the broad tastes of those would-be buyers, will garner a higher price by default. However, when you're competing with lower priced homes (due to foreclosure, or other issues), you may not get a substantially higher price than the market will bear. A FREE market analysis is a good place to start. I can do that. After that, we would discuss a best-case scenario strategy and finally a pricing strategy to get the property sold. I'll be more than happy to help with each aspect with no obligation.