Remodel & Renovate in Conroe>Question Details

Kim2010, Home Buyer in Conroe, TX

Porecelain Tile or Hardwood in living, dining and kitchen? What's better for kids (boys)?

Asked by Kim2010, Conroe, TX Mon May 24, 2010

Answers

3
If hardwood flooring is what you realy want then you should look at engineered wood flooring, it's tough enough to take anything falling off counters and designed with moisture controll in mind..it won't swell or worp.
HARDWOOD - all the way. I would not use Porecelin Tile in the kitchen. Use something easier on the feet - look at cork flooring!

Gerard Dunn
Licensed in MD, Virginia and D.C.

gerry@MyPotomac.com
Since I have three children of my own and have extensive experience with working with the different materials that you mentioned. I would highly recommend hardwood in the living and dining rooms, but in the kitchen (where moisture is a factor) go with either porcelain, ceramic, natural stone, or granite tile (depending on your budget and decor). They will be the most durable and long lasting with the little feet running and jumping on them.

Have fun with it regardless of the choice!