Yu Shin, Renter in El Monte, CA

On commercial business mall, Is exterior painting cost of this building can be a cam charge? It is so much, I did not ask to do.

Asked by Yu Shin, El Monte, CA Mon Apr 26, 2010

Exterior painting - cam charge ?

Answers

2
Hello Yu Shin,

The exterior paint cost from most of the rental premises in a commercial mall are covered by the landlord mangement company. It is included in your rent or sometimes it will be an additional charge from the lease agreement. You are not responsible for any exterior problem of the building since you lease the space within the building. Anything starting from your storefront to the end of the unit will be your responsible as part of tenant improvement that the landlord allows you to do. You need to read the lease agreement between the lines, especially the fine prints. When in doubt, consult your real estate attorney to go over the contract before you sign. You can ask me anything about the commercial building or tenant improvement concern building code or permit. Thank you for asking.
I agree that most of the charges should be covered by the landlord. Although, if you want, you could still ask to see what the requirements are for that. It wouldn't hurt to double check what the agreement is. Good luck and I hope you're able to find everything you need! http://www.whitehallpaintinganddecorating.com/exterior.html
Flag Tue Nov 25, 2014
The landlord should be responsible for Common Area Maintenance and the cost of painting should come out of the CAM fees you've been charged.

If you know who is professionally managing your building you should contact them or send a letter or call the owner.

EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 cell