Brandy C, Other/Just Looking in Jacksonville, FL

Need to stage my property for viewing in Jacksonville, FL 32225 What can I expect to spend on 1. carpeting and 2. painting? Approx 1600 sf, 3/2.5

Asked by Brandy C, Jacksonville, FL Tue Feb 23, 2010

Answers

8
Brandy, it depends on the price point of the home. If it's a starter home, then builder grade carpet with an upgraded pad can be used. As for paint, we have a painter who painted rooms for $200+, depending on what needs to be done to the walls, if it's really dark colors (two coats). I think you might be able to do it for between $3-4000 if you shop around.

Great question! Let us kow if you need any names and phone numbers.

Sharon Alters, GRI, CDPE
Watson Realty
904-673-2308
Web Reference: http://teamalters.com
Thanks for the great responses!
Hello Brandy,
There is another thing you should consider before painting and installing new carpet. Are there any repairs that need to be made? You should read the post below.
Hello Brandy C,

I respect and understand that you want to save money; however, by hiring a real estate consultant like me you can be relaxing and enjoying your time off while I do all of that for you and save you money and lots of headaches with my established professional network. Here is my free tip for you, go to a furniture or an antique store and ask is they are willing to stage your home with their furniture. Call me and tell me how is going with your staging. I sell green homes..... Happy days.

Good Day,

These questions are answered by your realtor.

I have my ideas, others have theirs. Get someone you can work with.

Blaine Rabe
904-874-0814
Brandy,

Lynn sounds like a realtor who can help you, cost should be 6-10k depending on quality of carpet and cost of labor from your painter.

Hi Brandy,

Is the home on the market yet? Is there any furniture in the home? I just had a seller fix up his property with paint, carpet, professional cleaning, new window screens, etc. His property is a 4/2, but similar square footage. The improvements ran him about $7,500.

Please call if I can help you...

Lynn Brier-De La Cruz, REALTOR
904-343-8586
Web Reference: http://www.LynnSellsJax.com
Brandy,

I not sure that the question going to be answered accurately by real estate agents. I would check with home improvement stores. One thing I can state is to follow the advice of your REALTOR in the choices you make for carpet and paint or hire a design consultant. The improvements you make might appeal to you but in this case you want to appeal to the masses. Sometimes improvements to a home in a buyer's mind can be like receiving a gift card to a store you don't like.

Call me at the number listed on my website if I can help you.

Bryan Gates
REALTOR
Watson Realty Corp.