Remodel & Renovate in 48009>Question Details

drohde27, Home Buyer in Birmingham, MI

Moving back to MI. Looking for an idea of how much it would cost to update the outside of some of these older home in the Bloomfield Hills, MI area.

Asked by drohde27, Birmingham, MI Sat Feb 16, 2013

Looking at a total remodel of a home. Taking the outside and updating the lines and adding stone, etc. We hope to find a home with 4,000sq above ground. We expect to redo most of the house and finish the basement. Anyone have a baseline guide on this? Inside is a lot easier to budget, but I don't even have an idea on the outside. Just looking for ballpark. THANKS

Answers

10
Did you find something? Plan on 20% of the purchase price.
Call jablan he remodeled our home in Birmingham...amazing job and great price. He is a licensed builder and cares... 248-773-6892 tell him Kathy recommended him
Hi!
Depending on what is needed/wanted on the outside it could be a range anywhere from $10,000 - $75,000! Call me if you would like - I have great contractors in Bloomfield Hills.
Thanks!
Lisa LaBelle
Coldwell Banker Weir Manuel
248-470-0474
I think your best bet at an accurate estimate because it really depends on so many variable regarding what you are planning on doing to the home. Your best bet I think is to ask a builder to come out and take a look at the home. There are companies that will give you estimates. You might even want to get a few estimates. Good luck with your project and if you want referral numbers for contractors I would be happy to get them for you. I am a realtor at Prudential in Birmingham and we all know many..

Cathy Foreman
Prudential HWWB
880 S. Old Woodward
Birmingham, MI

248-229-2797
Hello Drohde27

It would be very hard for anyone to put an estimate without looking at the subject property. My family is in the real estate and construction business. We would love to help you out on your project.

Been in business since 1978.

Contact us!

Jamie L. Rodgers
My Realty Select
The "Mr. Rodgers" Team
"The Bros Who Are Real Estate Pros"
248-730-0883
Myrealestatebrothers.com

L.J. Rodgers Home Improvements, LLC
248-399-1233
Ljrodgers.com
Web Reference: http://Ljrodgers.com
Hello Drohde27

Been in business since 1978.

Contact us!

Jamie L. Rodgers
My Realty Select
The "Mr. Rodgers" Team
"The Bros Who Are Real Estate Pros"
248-730-0883
Myrealestatebrothers.com

L.J. Rodgers Home Improvements, LLC
248-399-1233
Ljrodgers.com
Web Reference: http://Ljrodgers.com
Hello Drohde27

Been in business since 1978.

Contact us!

Jamie L. Rodgers
My Realty Select
The "Mr. Rodgers" Team
"The Bros Who Are Real Estate Pros"
248-730-0883
Myrealestatebrothers.com

L.J. Rodgers Home Improvements, LLC
248-399-1233
Ljrodgers.com
Web Reference: http://Ljrodgers.com
Thanks. Depending on the house and what we put in it I was thinking somewhere around 150k for outside and inside. Almost every house out there needs major updating unless to build a new one.
Your input is appreciated.
I would budget for $50K-$75K for what you are thinking of doing. I'm in the process of remodeling my home and have a few outstanding tradesmen and contractors that I would be happy to refer. Let me know if I can be of any assistance to you.

Grant Berakovich
Max Broock Realtors
248.840.7510
grantberakovich@gmail.com
Consider spending about $50,000 updating the exterior. Let me know if you need a good contractor. I have the best.