qqkkbutok, Home Buyer in Great Neck, NY

Looking for good local contactor in great neck

Asked by qqkkbutok, Great Neck, NY Tue Apr 30, 2013

We found a co-op but it has not been updated over 20 years. It need major renovation. Looking for reference for good local licensed contactor

Answers

3
Willa’s answer
I have used Ted Emmerich in Great Neck for years. He is not cheap but his workmen are great and he stands behind his work. He is currently doing a major job on a property I own in the City, and it's costing me a small fortune, but it will be spectacular. He will not waste your money and will give you many (sometimes too many!) alternatives. But there are others. And asking management for someone who has worked in the building is really good advice.
Sometimes, the best recommendations come from your neighbors. Let them know that you are looking for a good contractor and if they would recommend anyone. Then, ask them what kind of work was done and what their likes and dislikes were of that contractor. They are the best resources and often provides that most accurate facts. Regardless, another great way to get to know your neighbors!
Ask people you may know for referrals; ask management if they have a list of preferred vendors...