Ken, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

Looking for expansion opportunity for my house in SFC

Asked by Ken, Los Angeles, CA Wed Dec 18, 2013

I am looking to expand my house. However, my house is sitting on a small lot, hence there are limitation to expand to the back. Currently there is a patio space and garage space for potential expansion. I wondered if you can give me a advise on how much it would cost to build a sunroom on a 150sqft deck? compare to build a room and restroom in the garage including digging through the concrete. I am looking for a ball park figure. Thanks for your help

Answers

4
Hi Ken,

The first thing I would do is to contact the city to ask if your project is possible. There is a percentage of the land that only can be built. Do that before you spend money and time,

Juan, your Real Estate Agent
Better Homes and Gardens
Mason-McDuffie,
6505158210
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 27, 2013
First of all I will talk to an architect who is versed on set back distance and local ordinance.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 21, 2013
Let me add this one. I got a prefabricated plastic sun room for around $2500 before installation. It is a 7 ft tall. The shipping and installation was about $500.
Flag Sat Dec 28, 2013
The numbers Oggi gave you are in the range, but if you want to get a real price you need to get a contractor out there as there are many factors that can raise or lower the price.

Lance R. King - Founder/Managing Broker
King Realty Group

BRE # 01384425
415.722.5549 - Cell
lance@king-realtygroup.com
For addition/expansion, the cost can be $300-$400 per sqft depending on job difficulty and the finish level chosen.

Oggi Kashi - 415.690.3792 direct
Broker Associate, Paragon Real Estate Group CA BRE 01844627
All data from sources deemed reliable but subject to errors and omissions, and not warranted.
Web Reference: http://www.oggikashi.com