A Keyson,  in Nevada

Looking for an out of area Home Inspector

Asked by A Keyson, Nevada Mon May 14, 2012

I have a deal that I am helping a friend out for in Chicago and would like to find a local home inspector. I checked reoprep vendor site and I do not see any inspectors listed there for Chicago. Does anyone know of a good inspection company there?

If you happen to be a registered vendor of http://www.reoprep.com I would prefer to work with you due to the certification.

Answers

7
U-pass home inspections (708)280-4263. There located in justice just outside of the city
Just hire Dan, he's good, been around forever, knows what he's doing and won't mince words. He also has lots of positive reviews all over the place. It's tough recommending the competition but he's good. Your client will be well informed and happy.
Google an inspector in your area. I as a Realtor don't refer inspectors, conflict of interest. I recommend you google one, you will get plenty of options.
why is it a conflict of interest? isn't your interest to serve the client to the best of your ability? if you are aware of good inspectors in your area it's a dis-service NOT to tell your client.
Flag Fri May 25, 2012
Any competent inspector should have sample reports available for you to review. Compare the reports and see which you think is the most thorough and most professional. Look on Yelp and/or Angies list for reviews from other home buyers who have worked with the various inspectors in the area. DO NOT go strictly by the advice of your real estate agent even if they recommend us. Do your homework and you'll find that there are a number of very good inspectors in our area. Best of luck!
Gary Monfeli

gary@homeinspectionman.com

http://www.homeinspectionman.com/
Hi there!

A great company I use for the Chicagoland area is:

The House Inspector Company
800 880 4614
thehouseinspectorcompany@gmail.com

Great team of inspectors!! Tell them Erika the Realtor sent you!
I have an amazing inspector that I could refer to you