Remodel & Renovate in Dallas>Question Details

Jeni Breding, Home Buyer in East Dallas, Dallas,...

Looking for a licensed contractor (75214) to do a small bath remodel. Would like someone that can show me their work and possibly use me as well.?

Asked by Jeni Breding, East Dallas, Dallas, TX Thu Apr 5, 2012

I have experience flipping houses, and although I am a woman... I know what I'm doing. I am looking into becoming licensed, but I want hands on experience under the general contractors direct supervision first. I have experience hiring contractors in a small town without strict guidelines of who can be on the site while work is being performed. I'm assuming in Dallas, the rules are different. Any advice on where to start looking would be greatly appreciated.

sn. If this is not the place to post this question, please kindly let me know.

Answers

4
Hi Jeni,

I highly recommend you go to angie's list to search for contractor in the area. You have to pay for a small fee but its worth it!

You can see rating of each of the contractor and you know they are legit!

Dixon
JP and Associate
http://www.findyourtexashome.com
dixondfw@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 17, 2012
Talk to your realtor about their clients who do flips and see if you can share the contractors who are used to doing flips. Contractors who are good, (staying busy rehabbing an investor's property) always seem to know other contractors who have like mindsets/work habits.
You should visit http://www.reoprep.com and see which ones they have. Its a cool program.
jeni call me 817-891-7276 i believe you will be impressed with my rehab abilities and bathroom designs. one of my suppliers has a 5k sqft show room and we design the bathrooms and kitchens in her facility. and also there is no license for a GC, although some cities require GC to be registered usually for about a $100 and then there are permits required. I can go through all of the details. especially with dallas. its actually not that complex and they have a 1 page form. when walls arent being opened and widows and doors not added to a structure its an easy process.