Remodel & Renovate in 85255>Question Details

mbajk, Home Owner in Scottsdale, AZ

I wish to add a second level above a 1200 square foot garage. It will have one bathroom with stall shower.

Asked by mbajk, Scottsdale, AZ Tue Oct 16, 2012

The enclosed square footage is 900. exterior is stucco

Answers

9
Brenda Cunningham’s answer
This is a great idea and will add a lot of value to your home. Be sure to get a reputable Licensed contractor and check them out first to be sure there are no complaints registered against them.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 16, 2012
Make sure that if you have an HOA, you get this approved by them before starting any work.
im not sure what the question is??? call me at 480 381 4393.i will more the happy to help you
I can recommend a contractor that has done work for me and currently is beginning a very similar project around the 110th st and Shea area.
How can we help you? If you can send more details we would be happy to answer your questions.
Sooo, is the question will it enhance the value, you need a contractor, or what steps will you need to go through?

If the question is will it enhance the value...maybe.

If the question is who could do this, I would go online for remodelers in the Phoenix area and thoroughly research each company.

If the question is what steps you will need to go through, first and foremost, you should have an architect and a structural engineer involved to determine if there is enough support with the existing framing to support the addition. For purposes of a permit for the improvement you will likely need a registered architect to draw the plans in addition to a report by a structural engineer confirming the design and the ability of the 1st floor to handle the weight. From there it is contractor time.

Feel free to give me a call, I have extensive construction experience as well as experience with the permitting process in Scottsale.
This is a Real Estate site;
we don't too many Contractors here.
You need to go to the Yellow Pages and get some Contractors to come out for an estimate.

Are you asking us if it is a good idea; YES, it is a good idea, sure.
I am not sure what the question is? Are you looking for advice?
Are you looking for a contractor?
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com