micort1, Home Owner in Brooklyn, NY

I want to renovate my cellar and create recreation space with half a bathroom (toilet / sink) I live in a R4 zone. Is this legal?

Asked by micort1, Brooklyn, NY Tue Sep 25, 2012

Answers

2
Mitchell Feldman’s answer
Dear micort1:

There are several other factors that come into play which will determine if it is legal for you to make said alterations. In order to find out what you can or cannot do you need to speak to an architect. If I can be of further assistance, please let me know. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Below I have enclosed the R4 Informationfrom the Dept of City Planning and I hope that it may be useful to you. As far as the changes you wish to make to your basement you will really need to speak with an architect and explain to him exactly what you want done. With that information he can determine if you will be able to do them. In most cases the city would have to approve any permaent changes you wish to make to your property to assure that the structure is sound.Your archetect can help you with filing your permits and getting the job started.. I hope that the link below helps you.. George

Dept of City Planning
Zoning > Zoning Districts - Residence Districts > R4

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcp/html/zone/zh_r4.shtml
What you need is a reputable GC who not only can perform the work you are looking to do as well as know the in's & out's of pulling permits. Asking an agent is where the trouble begins. If you need an A++ GC who can do it from A-Z feel free to reach out. Thanks again. Jason Quero- Broker Associate

Nestler Poletto Sotheby's International Realty
One South Ocean Boulevard, Suite 11
Boca Raton, FL 33432
Direct – 305-992-1088
Office – 561-997-7227
Fax – 561-491-6544

"Extraordinary Properties for Extraordinary Lives...go to http://www.jasonquero.com "
Flag Wed Sep 26, 2012