Jan, Home Buyer in Dania Beach, FL

I want to buy a house but is very poor conditions, it would be best to demolish and build new, what you need to have the permissions to build a I

Asked by Jan, Dania Beach, FL Fri Jun 10, 2011

I want to buy a house but is very poor equal conditions, it would be best to demolish and build new, what you need to have the permissions to build a new house? or What are the first steps to get any approval or permissions?

Answers

4
Talk to the Building/Zoning Dept. of Dania Beach. You might also want to check with the CRA director to see if it's within the CRA zone. If so, there might be some grants/low interest loans to remove blight/redevelop. You should make the ability to rebuild one of your contingencies of the contract, or find out in advance before you execute a contract. Also, be careful in Dania...there will be more runways built at the airport and the Port is being increased for int'l entry. If this house will be impacted by add'l noise & traffic from these projects, it might not be the best place to build your ideal home.

Let me know if I can be of further service.

Catherine Kim Ownes PA
954-536-0648
cjkowens@gmail.com
If the property that the home sits on is absolutely the best property in the area for you, go for it, but understand that it could be a large undertaking. First place to start would be with the local building department to see what permits, costs and plans would be required. You could also start by talking to an experienced demolition company that could give you an idea on how best to proceed.
You should first contact Building & Zoning department of the city where the property is located. They issue permits and they will guide you what documents you would need in order to proceed.Good luck!
Below is the link for Dania Beach
Jan,

Just something to think about.

You could buy a house that needed to be torn down.

OR

You could buy vacant land that is zoned to build on - in an area that you like - maybe even find one that is cleared and ready to build on

Just something to think about because in order to build a house, you must have plans and they need to be approved by the local governing body. As it is being built, it will have inspections along the way as well.

Debbie Ablert, PA
Keller Williams Treasure Coast