Remodel & Renovate in 10601>Question Details

Mark King, Home Buyer in West, TX

I've been asked to remodel a 3 story home that is damaged in many ways. Vandalism , all the plumbing was taken( copper pipes ect). Broken windows,

Asked by Mark King, West, TX Thu Jun 5, 2014

Need flooring, painting, patching,scraping. Whats cost for job like this? Time and Material or Sq ft price

Answers

1
Mark, first cost you need to consider is acquiring a building permit for any task. The permit has a cost and in White Plains, NY it will ensure that all the local codes are followed properly. After the job has been completed each permit will be inspected.

You may find a contractor that provides most of these services and can give you an estimate, but since your question covers a wide range of things to be considered your cost will definitely depend on the quality/grade of materials and the finishing touches you may choose.

Separately, you'll need an estimate from a window manufacturer that includes installation. A contractor in this case will be the middle man and you may want to save that extra $. I suggest you to go directly to the manufacturer.

If you are not a contractor, there are sites that connect you with local ones. Most sites rate them by verified customers. Also, these sites check the compliance of the contractors regarding their license, insurance, works comp.. Just to name a few you can check Home Advisor, Home Builder Contractor and Builder Directory.

Have in mind that well known contractors not necessarily have better quality of work. You want to feel that you are their only customer. That is how I want to be treated and treat my clients as well.

I hope you have a great time and success with your project.

Monica Picarelli
Real Estate Salesperson
Keller Williams NY Realty
120 Bloomingdale Rd suite 101
White Plains, NY 10605
Cell 914-434-4138