Robin, Both Buyer and Seller in Seattle, WA

I need a BINDER : temporary insurance while house rennovation completed & house eligible for "occupancy permit". (Insurance lost when

Asked by Robin, Seattle, WA Sat Oct 2, 2010

work stopped.) Seattle : fire 2006 ; 2 windstorms, drenching rain - 11-18-07 and 01-08-08 (3 Claims )

There were 180 days of delay caused by the Mortgage Company refusing to accept the Bid for months and
then withholding promised insurance money allowing two storms to reduced house to "studs on foundation" twice. And delays before inspections, one for 16 days . All during a time when inflation was extraordinary !

I used $28,000 from my "contents" money to rebuild north end foundation and to get updated engineering
drawings ...

I had to stop construction in the summer of 2008, the money eaten away by delay and inflation...

Now, in 2010, after two years of waiting I am applying for loan from King County to finish the house.

BUT KING COUNTY REQUIRES I HAVE A BINDER READY AS SOON AS THE LOAN IS APPROVED.
Please tell me where to go for the Binder.

Answers

2
You could call
Allstate
Farmers
State Farm
Progressive

We are not Insurance Salesmen.

Good luck and may God bless
Check around with various insurance companies. As you have a history of three claims over the three years, you will have to pay a very large insurance premium. It will not be a standard home owners policy . Good Luck