Remodel & Renovate in 02446>Question Details

Mike, Home Owner in 02446

I'm trying to convert a pantry and closet into a bathroom. I want to use the closet door as the entrance. The door is 23.5 in. Is this legal ?

Asked by Mike, 02446 Wed Jun 20, 2012

Answers

2
Lea Cohen’s answer
For questions on local building code it's always best to check with the town's Building Dept..you can reach yours at 617-730-2100. If you'd like to discuss how adding a bath can add value to your home please contact me.
You should probably check with the Town's building inspector. When you apply for the building permit, he should be able to answer all those questions. If you do not get a permit, it doesn't really matter what size the door is, it won't be legal. Any future buyer will ask to see the permits and if there is none, it could pose a problem down the line.

Good luck with your renovations!
I wasn't able to find any regulation on the door size in bathroom in MA. Are you aware any such regulation ? Doesn't seem like it is only the call of the building inspector
Flag Wed Jun 20, 2012