Remodel & Renovate in 18940>Question Details

B67, Both Buyer and Seller in 18940

I'm looking for info on cost to put in an inground pool in the Newtown / Wrightstown / Richboro areas. Also, an idea of how much taxes will go

Asked by B67, 18940 Thu Mar 18, 2010

up afte

Answers

2
Hi B67,
The costs will depend on if you are going concrete or some other type. $30-$40k is a good range depending on what you need. I would suggest contacting Neil Coyne at Antony Sylvan Pools for a quote. You should get at least 3 quotes as it is a completive industry. As far as taxes, your township tax person should be able to give you some kind of indication on how much your taxes will increase. I installed a pool in 2002 and they did not go up very much. But do check! Finally, Marty has a good point, think hard on the investment. I installed mine for family fun for my family. It will not increase your property value. But......we have had many years of enjoyment and still do.

Frank Dolski MBA, ABR, e-PRO
Associate Broker
Coldwell Banker Hearthside Realtors
f.dolski@cbhearthside.com
215-794-1070 x103
215-804-3237
Web Reference: http://www.FrankDolski.com
There are so many variables to the question, as to how much it would cost to install a pool. It really depends on the type, the size, etc. I would thik that as a generalization, somewhere starting around 35,000. The issue of the tax increase is also interesting. From a real estate perspective, having a pool does not really add value to a property. As such, the pool should have no impact on the taxes you pay. From a practical standpoint, your taxes will be increased, once they re-assess following the pool installation. My guess would be that your taxes would go up by 5%, but that is just a guess, and an appraiser might have a better idea.

I can also suggest, that depending on what your taxes are, and how old your house is, you may be able to appeal your taxes, if you have not already done so. I have an active blog that I maintain, at http://www.BucksCountyPaToday.com, and I have written a number of posts about the process of filing an appeal, and basically how easy it is. You are welcome to refer to my blog, for additional information on the appeal process. You can also contact me, for additional information.

You may already be aware of this, but from a real estate standpoint, a pool is not a very good investment. It's great to do, for your family's enjoyment, but the overwhelming probabililty is, that if you go to sell your house, you will not get more money becuase the house has a pool.