Albertine, Home Owner in Jamaica, NY

I do not want to sell my home, I just need help to fix it. I love it here, But; when it rains it rains through my home and the damage is getting wors

Asked by Albertine, Jamaica, NY Tue Feb 8, 2011

Anna M Brocco’s answer
Not knowing the extent of the repairs needed, is it simply the roof causing the problem or are there other issues as well--if your roof needs replacement or a fix, out local merchants through any local Chamber of Commerce and ask for neighbor recommendations. If a neighbor is contemplating doing roof work, you might work out a package deal to save you both money--or is a rehab loan a possibility, see link for additional information--if you need recommendations feel free to contact me directly.
Good Morning Albertine. We may have a perfect solution for you. Wells Fargo offers a refinance and renovate loan. This loan would essentially pay off your existing balance and include additional funds to repair and or upgrade your home. One major diferrence between this loan and a traditional refinance is that we will use an after improved value to determine the loan to value, which is quite helpful in our current market. Please call or email me for addtional information, and thank you for your question.