Remodel & Renovate in 98023>Question Details

98033, Home Buyer in 98033

I am planning to add about $1,000 SF to my current home, can you recommend a reputable architect and builder?

Asked by 98033, 98033 Sun Apr 29, 2012

Answers

4
I can recommend a couple of very reputable architect's and builders. When doing a project of this size you definitely want to use someone with experience. If you need a recommendation, please give me a call. 253-307-6438
You want to get the plans together with an architect first, then contact at least 3 contractors that you get bids from. I have a friend that has been an architect for over 30 years. He is incredible & very reasonable. His name is Bjorn Lunde & his phone number is 360-265-2775. Make sure you tell him Jirius Isaac sent you & he will take very good care of you.

Good luck, Jirius Isaac
Two remodeling contractors (both inexpensive and amazing) Remodel pros http://(www.remodelprosnw.com) and Powell Homes http://(www.powell-homes.com) both builders have architects they work with. I speak with experience - I've personally built over 1,000 apartment units, and 300 homes I can tell you these guys are amazing.
I have only one comment about adding 1000 square footage to your existing home, be sure it's not an over improvement for your neighborhood. Being the Biggest home on the street may be that you will not get back what you paid in for that improvement, or such a small amount, it will not the best thing to do. Just check to see what is going on around you. Too many folks improve their homes, to a level that is so much more than what's around them, they can't sell their homes. Or not anywhere near what they feel they put in. It's always the next owner you need to think about, unless you plan on being there for such a long time that the neighbors improve to your level, that does not happen that often. Just be careful.

HLR

Best to you!