Remodel & Renovate in 94610>Question Details

Jimmy Allis, Home Buyer in Pittsburgh, PA

I am looking to add a full story (1,100 SQFT including 2 bathrooms) to my house. What type of budget should we have for this project?

Asked by Jimmy Allis, Pittsburgh, PA Thu Jun 19, 2014

Answers

3
hi jimmy am adam from oscar contracting if you really need to do your addition soon i can help you and save a lots of money to you good job fast and good quality just send me an e.mail and i will give you good price ( OSCAR012000@yahoo.com ) 201 620 4766 thanx
Hi Jimmy,

It looks like you're in Pittsburgh but are asking this question in Oakland CA. Where are you planning on doing this construction? This will greatly change the price of your renovation.

The cost will also depend a lot on finishes, structural work required (support beams/posts, new or updated foundation work etc) and the type of home you have, among other factors.

I work on a lot of renovations in the bay area and am in charge of budgeting and project management for an LLC that does such renovations. If you plan on using high-end finishes (hardwood floors, any natural stone or more expensive tiles etc), you'd be looking at at least $350/ft in the bay area. That doesn't include non-construction costs like your architect, structural engineer, and permit fees. That number can easily go as high as $450/ft for really high end finishes.

If you're doing the work as cheap as possible, I think you could probably get this addition done at $250/ft for construction costs, but I doubt it would be much cheaper than that.

Of course, a contract will be able to give you an accurate quote. If you'd like help finding one (or an architect, landscaper, structural engineer etc), I'd be more than happy to give you some recommendations.

Hope this helps!
-Ryan
Hi Jimmy

About $117 per square foot.

Should call your Insurance company and ask what Builder would they use in case the house burned down or they can recommend.

http://www.fixr.com/costs/build-single-family-house

http://www.huduser.org/portal/publications/costindices.pdf

Hope this helps.

Perry