Remodel & Renovate in 92882>Question Details

Bcrussek, Home Owner in 92882

I am a Gen. Contractor wanting info on home trash out.How do i get involved?

Asked by Bcrussek, 92882 Wed Dec 1, 2010

I have all equipment needed and licenses need and would like to make contact w/someone in charge

Help the community by answering this question:


Best bet is to research all the realtors that handle bank foreclosures (reo) in your area and then contact them by email, flyer or personal call/visit.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 1, 2010
In my experience it is the asset manager for the corp/bank/lender that assigns the contractors. On occasion the total responsibility could be assigned to an agent or broker for contracting. Usually though it is after they get the listing from the bank/entity. Contact the broker or bank/corp that owns the property to get on their list.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 1, 2010
Best place to check with are asset companies that handle foreclosures such as Atlas, nationstar, and others. You can google for further names. Also, register with Fannie Mae as a service provider. Good Luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 11, 2011
By the way, my husband found them hiring on craigslist. Just so you know.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 1, 2011
Look on craigslist and other websites and search for that term or for sub contract work. Required lic. tools, generator, air compessor, ability to winterize plus basic contruction, etc. One company I know of is Simplicity Services LLC. My husband worked for them for awhile. They are based out of a different state, but have bank contracts in different areas around. Might be in your area, you will have to check. Good Luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 1, 2011
Takes a lot of legwork to get in the door, but you can get a lot of business by doing the right thing. You should get dressed reasonably, have brochures in hand, and hit the bricks. Visit as many REO listing agents as you can and speak to the lead broker or agent for the REO team you're visiting.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 1, 2011
Call the real estate brokerage offices that service the areas you'd like to work, ask to speak to any agents that handle bank-owned foreclosures, and ask if you may submit a general price bid.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 7, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer