Remodel & Renovate in 20852>Question Details

Bernadette, Both Buyer and Seller in Maryland

How would I go about finding out whether or not a neighborhood has a gas line hooked up ?

Asked by Bernadette, Maryland Thu Apr 26, 2012

How would I go about finding out whether or not a neighborhood has a gas line hooked up - in montgomery county ? where can I get plans showing gas lines in the area? where I can find an estimate cost forgas hook up for house furnace and kitchen 9if there is gas line hook up)?Thank you.

Answers

5
Hello again Mary,

Everyone is correct, Washington Gas is the place you will need to go for Montgomery County. They have a great website for consumers at http://www.washingtongasliving.com. There you will find info on new installs and gas availability.

If you provide the address I can easily find out for you as well.

David Lipsman
Long and Foster Real Estate, Inc
301-461-1153
dlipsman@gmail.com
Washington Gas has a great help desk that will pull up your street, and check it for you. If not at your street, they can tell you how close the nearest gas line is.
Hi Mary!
The most decisive way would be to call Washington Gas at 703-750-1400
Molly Carter
240-676-1656
Web Reference: http://MollyCarter.com
The best source for that information is Washington Gas at 800.752.7520.
You can start by having your Realtor research listings to see if any have gas. In many cases an experienced agent can tell you by neighborhood what services are available. If gas is available in the area I would think the next step would be to contact the local utility complany to determine where the closest service is and then contact a reputable plumber to get a cost on bringing it in to the house.