Ourfamily, Home Buyer in Staten Island, NY

How much would it cost to finish building a house in Staten island (4500 sq ft).?

Asked by Ourfamily, Staten Island, NY Tue Apr 12, 2011

It's just a frame right now standing up with plans available. Exterior and interior needs to be finished. I want to get three competitive estimates from reputable builders. Advice on prices and builder names would be appreciated.

Answers

7
d’s answer
Hi

I have one contractor that I have used several times and he does excellent work. His work is always exceeds my expectations. Lafe Construction 917-217-1655. Ask for Eddie. Of course you should still get two more estimates.

I am Robert Canecchio the Owner of Canco Renovators & Remodelers here on Staten Island, we have built many homes here aslo had built many roof raisers & additions...

The Costs may vary due to the Home Owners Design or depending on what products will be used
We would like a chance to review your plans and give a full project breakdown as to
-Project Scheduling
-Material
-Labor
-Price Breakdowns for total project

We can be reach at:
Office: (718) 554-4248
Fax: (718) 554-4268
Roberts Cell: (347) 548-2898
Email: info@cancorenovators.com
Website: http://www.cancorenovators.com
Good luck with your project. Look in Yellow pages under contractors - general. You'll find over a 100.
Hopefully you'll see names that you know or that friends and family have used.
Drive around and you'll see the new homes on the block. Ask them who did the job.
When you speak with the contractor, make sure that you see up-to-date licenses and insurance. And get very recent references.
Dear Home Buyer,

There are a few ways a builder or remodeler goes about providing a price to a potential client. That price mostly depends on the desired finishes that the client requires for both interior and exterior items, such as brick, stone, tile, kitchen cabinets, granite tops, etc, etc. Obviously all of thesel items can reflect the final cost off the finished product. I have been a Licensed contractor on Staten Island since 1997 and have built and remodeled over 100 homes since that time. We are licensed with Department of Buildings and the Department of State as well as carrying a Trade Waste (BIC) and Osha safety certification. We have worked with many architects on Staten Island and would be happy to look at your blue prints, discuss your desired finishes and provide a price quote.

Thanks and hope to hear from you.

Michael Jordan
Jordan General Contracting, Corp.
718-556-2266
Mike@Jordan-Realty.com
A good rule of thumb these days is $200-250/sq ft to build a decent home.
Web Reference: http://gailgladstone.com
I agree with Anna's answer, to find someone reputable from local chamber of commerce but then put more emphasis on whether or not family or a friend was happy with their work etc From my own experience- DON'T FORGET TO GET A WRITTEN PROPOSAL OF THE WORK PLAN- ITEMIZING WORK DETAILS AND POSSIBLE COST! You'll be happy you did when you run into little "road blocks!"
Prices will vary depending on your needs and contractor--in order to find a reputable contractor, contact any Local Chamber of Commerce office, and ask...also ask for recommendations from family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc.