Propertyloca…, Home Buyer in Sarasota, FL

How much per sq ft does it cost to build a florida room in Sarasota? and timescales?

Asked by Propertylocate, Sarasota, FL Sun Apr 3, 2011

looking to turn lanai into florida room and extend the kitchen so that the whole width of the house is a florida room approx 30 feet x 10 feet

Answers

6
Welcome to sunny Florida. If you are on the key, you will find that your costs will be more than on the main land. Your building materials selected should obviously match the current home, permits and code compliance is a must. I was a general contractor for years prior to getting into Real Estate. It was always our goal to carefully match the new construction to the existing, that way the materials blend and the addition doesn't stand alone. You are in a high wind load zone and need a professional contractor to do the job. The cheapest is usually not the best. Be sure to hire a pro. If you buy quality and maintain it, you will be happy for years to come. I would be happy to suggest several reputable builders. Visit our website.

Please, note that I am no longer a builder or inspector, but love selling Real Estate.

http://www.sarasotarealtyteam.com - on the main page look for our preferred vendors. I have others that I would suggest for the islands.

Kent Ellermets, Realtor
941-224-7224
kent@sarasotarealtyteam.com
There are many good and dependable contractors in the Sarasota area. Many of the home builders have remodeling divisions. Your costs depends on the materiales you select and size of the addition. You must make sure that the proper permits are filed and taken out by the contractor. Building codes and inspections by the city or county must be adhered too. Ask others in the area. Ask for references and Call those references.
Jim Soda
The Soda Group
Keller Williams Sarasota-Lakewood Ranch
jim@jimsoda.com
Web Reference: http://www.jimsoda.com
We are looking for a standard construction, which ever is the cheaper block or wood frame and that everything meets the county code. We think the contractors may rip us off because we're foreign and the house is on siesta key. we read that the average house in the are costs $125 per sq feet, and this is what we are the average house, no crazy mansions here!!!!!!
Tastes in construction and materials vary greatly. Just the type of roof and the type of windows will change the estimate. I recently facilitated the addition of a lanai in Sarasota after the purchase for my clients from Germany. Holiday Pools had their Sub Contractor do that portion of the addition for me. It turned out beautifully. The roof was a newer product and the windows! Oh dear, they were beautiful. And Holiday completed the lanai and design exactly as I had envisioned it. My clients were thrilled when they returned. If I can be of assistance please call me directly.

Faye Doyle
941-504-7496
Good morning!

That cost will vary greatly depending on materials, the current construction of the lanai, and the contractor you choose. It's not possible to estimate a cost per square foot over the internet (and that cost isn't a function of real estate) but you can certainly have a licensed contractor meet with you during your due diligence period.

Please note that, under most standard real estate contracts, there won't be a provision to allow you to cancel the contract based on that estimate. If your decision hinges on that cost, make sure that you provide for the estimate in the contract.

Alex Krumm
Re/Max Alliance Group
Broker Associate
GRI, Certified Distressed Property Expert

941-234-3597 Direct
941-954-5454 Office
941-341-0192 Fax

alex.krumm@verizon.net
http://www.sarasotapropertygroup.com
Contact your local contractor for free estimate.